As an erstwhile facility manager, I saw a need to provide
facility managers with a page pointing to some of the resources available
to us on the WWW.
I am open to link fixes or comments - gary(at)ecltd.net.
- Facility Management Publications and Organizations
- Architectural Resources
- Health Facility Specific Links
- Telecommunications Links courtesy of Energy Conservation, Ltd. - one of my other lives
- Other Links and Resources
- Facilities Design Management Publication.
- FMLink, an Internet subscription-based service.
- IFMA - International Facilities Manager Association is an international professional association for facility executives, facility managers, building owners, building managers, engineers, architects, interior designers and (whew) other workplace professionals.
- Buildnet - browse over 15,000 building industry resources.
- Building Operations Management Magazine - here's where they have a lot of their articles on various topics of interest.
- Today's Facility Manager on line magazine, with a potpourri of resources.
- Energy Efficient Builders Association - self-proclaimed "Source for Resource Efficient Building Information and Training".
- CREST - Center for Renewable Energy and Sustainable Technology provides a wide ranging group of links to topics ranging from the mitigation of environmental impacts of development to improvement of building durability, indoor environmental, solar and wind energy issues.
- Facilities Management Dept. at the University of California, Irvine has a model website.
- FM Datacom - Tradeline's "Internet Home of Facilities Planning and Management Data" - requires signing up for free member services.
- The Alaska Craftsman Home Program - one of several organizations promoting energy efficient building practices in Alaska. They also provide a tidy little list of related energy efficiency links elsewhere.
- Alaska Building Science Network - ever a work in progress, has a bunch of links and other info.
- AEC Info: WorldWide Expo for the AEC Industry -includes comprehensive links to AEC firms, building materials information, Q&A, CSI Institute, organizations, jobs, etc.
- The American Institute of Architects - information on firms, selecting an architect, etc.
- Virtual Library of Architecture - comprehensive information and links to AEC firms, materials, etc.
- IHS - the Indian Health Services Homepage.
- JCAHO - Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine NN/LM Programs and Resources (including Internet Training Materials and JCAHO Survey Reports Archive).
- Facilities Management Resource Page by architect Eric Anderson has a bunch of facilities management links not entirely duplicated by this page.
- Newton's Electrical Page - a bunch of cool resources and links on things electric.
- Gridwise Energy Yellow Pages - comprehensive directory of power generation, transmission, distribution, and end-use.
- HVAC FAQ - including a comprehensive bunch of links on things HVAC, from 'sci.engr.heat-vent-ac', the usenet newsgroup for the Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) industry.
- AEX's HVAC links.
- HVAC Links - organizations, periodicals, manufacturers.
- A.D.A. - the Americans with Disabilities Act from the July 26, 1991 Federal Register - unformatted text 203k!
- Area Development - an international and broad approach to facilities planning and location. Probably not what you expect.
- Home Power Magazine's Renewable Energy Links - there is certainly LOTS of opportunity here for facilities worldwide.
- NAEC - Northern Alaska Environmental Center deals with nature's facilities north of the Alaska Range.
- International Arctic Research Center in Fairbanks Alaska, working on collecting data on one of the two most important long term issues for the world: Climate Change - the other is Population Growth.
- Dilbert - an important resource to keep one's sense of humor on the job.